While it is designed to work with the LabBot, this is a controller designed can also work with different types of robotic gantries. The box is positioned inside this aluminum extrusion frame that includes modules used for liquid handling 8-channel pipettes.
Components for 8-channel pipetting
- XYZ motion control
- 8-channel syringe pump that uses disposable 1ml syringes
- 8 4-way servo stop cock valves for individually controlling pipettes
- Pressure compensation vessel and liquid level sensor for stabilizing liquid level in pipette tips
- Wash, dry and pressure compensation peristaltic pumps
- Re-ARM RAMPS motion controller for XYZ motion
- Microfluidics controller for controlling the wash, dry and pressure compensation pumps (including liquid level sensor)
- 4-way valve servo controller
- Syringe pump motion controller
- RaspberryPi that runs the LabAutoBox user interface
This is a browser-based user interface hosted by the RaspberryPi. The architecture is based on Internet-of-things (IoT) that uses a messaging protocol that streamlines synchronized interfacing with other devices (ie., cameras and other robotics).
This online technical resource serves as a reference for learning how to work with the LabAutoBox whether it be to control a LabBot or upgrade another liquid handler system or repurpose a 3D printer to do liquid handling.